Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 PFD
This Interactive Scenario-Based Course Makes It Easy to Learn Your Way Around the Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 PFD
If you need to learn or teach the Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 Primary Flight Display, there’s no easier way to get started than with our Flight1 Aviation Technologies EXP5000 PFD Interactive Courseware.
This interactive multimedia training course has been developed in co-operation with Avidyne, and has been designed to familiarize and train pilots to efficiently operate the Entegra EXP5000 Primary Flight Display (PFD). It’s been accepted as a FAA/Industry Training Standards (FITS) Self-Learning Program.
The Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 Primary Flight Display Interactive Courseware is for you if you are:
- A student pilot, a private pilot, or a commercial pilot. The cockpit of an airplane is the last place you want to begin learning your way around new technology. Spend just a few hours with our EXP5000 PFD course and you’ll feel at home in any Entegra-equipped cockpit … whether it’s a rental, your own aircraft, or one you fly for hire.
- A flight instructor, or flight school owner or manager. Incorporate our courseware into your curriculum for an easy way to offer some high quality, low cost avionics training. You’ll provide your students with an engaging, self-directed learning experience that will familiarize them with the basic operation of the EXP5000 PFD long before the fuel starts flowing. Once in the aircraft, they’ll be able to focus on applying knowledge instead of acquiring it (making your job much easier).
Simple Building Blocks to Mastery
The material in the course is presented as a series of building blocks, with each lesson adding to the knowledge gained in previous lessons. The course is divided into three main sections:
EXP5000 System Overview
This section provides an overview of the Entegra EXP5000 Primary Flight Display. It covers all the display symbology, as well as the functions of the various knobs and buttons. Piper and Cirrus differences and unique features are noted, when appropriate.
At the end of this section you will be given a test which will assess your knowledge of the EXP5000 PFD. To be successful, you must obtain a score of at least 80%. After you pass the test, you will be able to proceed to the next section.
Operating the EXP5000
This section focuses on the operation of the EXP5000 PFD and covers:
- Starting the EXP5000
- EXP5000 Alignment Messages
- Setting up the HSI
- Using GPS/VHF systems with the EXP5000
- Controlling the autopilot
- Precision flying with the EXP5000
- Using the EXP5000 for approaches
At the end of this section you will be given a test which will assess your operational knowledge of the EXP5000 PFD. To be successful, you must obtain a score of at least 80%. After you pass the test, you will be able to proceed to the next section.
When the data coming into the EXP5000 is unavailable or otherwise invalid, the EXP5000 provides appropriate warnings and messages. This section discusses:
- Invalid Air Data
- Invalid Heading
- Crosscheck Monitor
- Warm-start Conditions
- Recoverable Altitude
- Invalid Attitude and Heading
- Invalid Engine Data
- Nav Source Crosscheck
After you have successfully completed all of the lessons and tests, you will be presented with two flight scenarios, which will be used to assess your operational knowledge of the EXP5000 PFD. The flight scenarios represent the core of the course, and are presented in an interactive format in order to ensure the highest possible comprehension and retention.
During the flight scenarios, you must demonstrate your grasp of the material by correctly selecting the appropriate PFD functions, and by correctly answering operational questions.
The scenarios feature a realistic IFR flight from San Diego Montgomery (KMYF) to Burbank (KBUR), complete with air traffic control audio.
Flight Scenario 1: Introduction
In this scenario, you will be required to start up the EXP5000 PFD, monitor the ADAHRS alignment, and set up the unit for flight. You will also be required to identify and remedy any alignment errors that might occur.
Flight Scenario 2: Precision Flying
In this scenario, you will be required to execute a cruise climb using the S-TEC 55X autopilot, change the EXP5000 PFD navigation source, monitor the autopilot’s tracking of a GPS flight plan, and demonstrate your understanding of the EXP5000 features which support flying an instrument approach.
You must achieve a minimum score of 80% in each scenario before proceeding. You can run through each scenario several times to reinforce the lessons they contain.
Upon successful completion of the entire course, you will be issued a certificate of completion.
Designed for Efficient Learning
The EXP5000 PFD Interactive Courseware was developed in co-operation with Avidyne, and features content based on the Avidyne EXP5000 manual. The lessons and flight scenarios are presented by a virtual instructor, and feature both audio and text versions of the same information to suit your preferred learning style.
The lessons and flight scenarios feature an easy-to-use, intuitive interface and high quality graphics with animations (including highlighting of relevant display elements to focus your attention).
“Notes” provide useful information about how to use the PFD, and “Cautions” denote information that can prevent serious injury or death on the part of the user in a real world environment.
The courseware also comes with several enhanced user features:
- The LiveUpdate feature allows you to check for and install the most current version of the software.
- The Scratch Pad can be used to save study notes, questions, and records. These can also be sent to an instructor.
- The User Progress section allows you to check your current overall course progress, as well as your Test and Scenario scores.
- Specific sections or the entire course can be Reset to the default starting point.
A Shortcut to Mastery
We partnered with Avidyne to make sure our EXP5000 PFD Interactive Courseware provided the information and interactive learning experiences pilots need to quickly become proficient using this complex technology. As you’ve seen, the result is a comprehensive and engaging training tool that will help you master the EXP5000 PFD before you start using it in an airplane.
We strongly suggest you combine this courseware with our Avidyne Entegra Student Simulator for an even more powerful Entegra training experience.
With more than 15 years of industry experience, Flight1 is one of the most respected third-party solution providers for Microsoft's simulations. We use the depth and breadth of our knowledge to create products that push the limits of what can be done with PC-based simulation for both entertainment and flight training.
We’re excited about the ways people are using our products, and we’d love to hear about your success with our Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 Interactive Courseware.
Order a copy of the Entegra EXP5000 Interactive Courseware today:
$99.95 on CD-ROM
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Hardware: Computer meeting minimum Microsoft ESP or Flight Simulator X specs
- Video Card Memory: 256 MB
- Hard Drive Space: 1.4 GB
We welcome the opportunity to help you learn more about our products. If you have questions before purchasing the Avidyne Entegra EXP5000 PFD courseware, please contact us via our support ticket system.