Build muscle memory, minimize negative transfer, and log time ... with the only FAA-approved AATD featuring our G1000 Student Simulator software and VISPRO.
An aviation training device doesn’t need to be FAA-approved to have training value. Yet if you, your flight school, or your students want to be able to log the simulated flight time, it’s well worth the investment.
To make it easy for you, we’ve teamed up with ELITE Simulation Solutions to bring you the PI-1000 Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD).
Building on the success of ELITE’s “round-gauge” PI-135 Basic ATD, the PI-1000 features an ELITE Pro Panel II Flight Console, ELITE rudder pedals, G1000W emulation hardware (PFD, MFD, and GFC-700 AFCS), an Integrated Standby Instrument System (ISIS), a 32-inch LED external visual display, and two computer systems.
The ELITE hardware works together with Lockheed Martin’s simulation platform and Flight1 Tech’s G1000 simulation and instructor station software to bring you an FAA-approved AATD like no other.
A Professional-Grade Fusion of Hardware and Software
The ELITE PI-1000 hardware includes the highest quality components available. This is no flimsy consumer product appropriated for training —it’s designed to withstand the rigors of daily use in a flight school. The controls look and feel just like the real thing too, so pilots can build muscle memory and minimize negative transfer as they train:
- The buttons and knobs on the PFD, MFD, and audio panel hardware bezels look and feel just like the controls on the real G1000.
- The Pro Panel II Flight Console features realistic switches, buttons, and levers that allow pilots to complete full “startup to shutdown” procedures without using a mouse.
- The included ELITE pedals are cast in solid metal and feature pneumatic dampening and differential breaking for a realistic feel.
- The included computers go far beyond the FAA’s performance requirements for realistic movement of instrumentation.
The ELITE PI-1000 also includes the best simulation software on the market:
- Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® simulation software provides a breathtaking aircraft and environmental simulation that includes the geography of the entire planet, more than 24,000 civil and military airports, dynamic weather modeling including visible precipitation and icing, realistic lighting effects, and computer-generated air/ground/sea traffic.
- Flight1 Tech’s G1000 Student Simulator Pro software includes: realistic PFD and MFD graphics, obstacles and terrain warnings, airways, vertical navigation (VNAV), departure and arrival procedures, Glidepath mode (GP) for LPV WAAS approaches, missed approach procedures including Course to Altitude (CA) legs, an updatable worldwide Navigraph navigation database, and aircraft-specific V-speed and Engine Indication System displays for nine different aircraft (C172R, C172S, C182T, CT182T, C206, CT206, DA40, DA42, and BE58).
- Flight1 Tech’s Virtual Instructor Station Pro (VISPRO) software features a unique moving map and instructor station console that provides instructors with professional-quality tools for monitoring, instruction, and analysis. Using VISPRO, they can easily control the simulation’s environment, change the weather, reposition the student’s aircraft, and introduce spontaneous G1000 component and LRU failures into their student’s training (including the automatic switch to Reversionary mode after a display failure).
A Completely Immersive Experience
You don’t need a full-motion simulator to engage your students! With the right intentions, the PI-1000 can provide a completely immersive experience. Want proof? Take a look at this video of the PI-1000 in action along with the professional air traffic control services provided by PilotEdge:
"FAA-Approved" is Just the Beginning
For years, forward-thinking flight schools have been using our G1000 Student Simulator software and VISPRO to create safer pilots and new profit centers for their businesses. By partnering with ELITE we’ve finally gotten the FAA seal of approval.
As an FAA-approved AATD, the PI-1000 can be used to log 2.5 hours toward the Private certificate, 20 hours toward the Instrument rating, 50 hours toward the Commercial certificate, and 25 hours toward the ATP certificate. It can also be used to complete certain elements of practical tests, to complete partial instrument proficiency checks, to log instrument experience for currency, and more.
That said, the benefits of this device extend far beyond logging time. The ELITE hardware, Prepar3D, and the Flight1 Tech G1000 and instructor station software work together to give you a flexible training tool you just can’t get with any other G1000 simulation.
Order yours today:
An FAA-Approved AATD for G1000 training featuring hardware from ELITE Simulation Solutions and software from Flight1 Aviation Technologies and Lockheed Martin.
PLEASE CALL FOR PRICING
(Additional options include multiple monitors, 2 or 3-Lever Vernier-Style Power Quadrant, and an intercom kit.)
We welcome the opportunity to help you learn more about our products. If you have questions before purchasing the ELITE PI-1000, please contact us via our support ticket system.