Refine Your "Six Pack" with this Highly-Configurable Analog Gauge Simulation
GAPanel is a high-fidelity analog gauge instrument panel simulation that integrates with Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D™ or Microsoft® Flight Simulator X.
GAPanel provides the instrument panel simulation, and Prepar3D or FSX provides the aircraft and environmental simulation.
GAPanel works with the default aircraft in Prepar3D or FSX, or with any add-on GA aircraft or gas turbine helicopter model that you’ve installed that uses standard Prepar3D or FSX variables (most add-on aircraft do this for the instruments included with GAPanel).
It runs outside of the flight simulation software in its own window, and can be run on the same computer as the flight simulation, or on a separate networked machine for improved performance.
GAPanel uses OpenGL (the most widely used and supported graphics application programming interface) to interact with your PC's graphics processing unit (GPU). The result is hardware-accelerated rendering that lets the simulated gauges operate smoothly. The instruments move just as realistically as they look, with the fluid movement and resolution you need to hand-fly on instruments.
See for yourself in this short demo video:
GAPanel includes these GA aircraft instruments:
General: Digital Clock, Whiskey Compass, Airplane Annunciator
Flight Instruments: Airspeed-C172, Airspeed-Universal, Attitude Indicator, ADI, Altimeter, Turn Coordinator, Directional Gyro, HSI, VSI
Engine Instruments: Fuel Gauge, EGT/Fuel Flow, Vacuum/Amps, Engine Oil, Tachometer-single, Tachometer-twin, Manifold Pressure-twin
Controls: Flaps Control, Fuel Selector, Trim Control, Light Switch, Gear Switch, Switch Rack, Autopilot
Avionics: COM/NAV1 Radio, COM/NAV2 Radio, VOR1, VOR2, ADF, DME, Transponder, Marker Lights
GAPanel also includes these turbine helicopter instruments:
- General: Annunciator, Test Switch
- Flight Instruments: Airspeed, Turn Coordinator, VSI
- Engine Instruments: Oil, Fuel, Load Pcl/Fuel Pressure, Torque, Transmission, Gas Producer, Power Turbine, Turbine Temperature
Five of the instruments are configurable (so that you can enter the exact values used for annunciations and colored arcs):
- GA aircraft annunciator: Min Volts, Min Vac, Min Fuel, Min Oil Pressure
- Helicopter annunciator: Min Transmission Pressure, Max Transmission Temperature, Min Fuel, Min Rotor RPM
- Universal airspeed gauge: VS0, Vs, Vfe, Vno, Vne, Vmca, Vyse
- Tachometer (single engine): Min RPM, Max RPM
- Tachometer (twin engine): Min RPM, Max RPM
An optional Stack Zoom switch can also be included that displays the configured avionics stack as a pop-up.
GAPanel comes with two prearranged instrument panels: one for a fixed wing general aviation aircraft, and one for a gas turbine helicopter. While these panels make it easy to get started, you can easily modify them (or create your own layout from scratch). Each panel layout you create can be saved and recalled for later use, and there's no limit to the number of panel layouts you can create and use.
Customizing a panel is a simple four-step process:
- Start with one of the default background images provided, or create your own BMP file. The background image provides the graphics for the instrument panel surrounding the instruments, and you can also use it as a template for positioning and sizing the instruments.
- Enable or disable the instruments you want to display on your panel.
- Use the mouse to resize and precisely position the instruments exactly where you want them.
- Save your new panel layout.
Get The Most Out of Your Flight Simulator
If you’re already using our Garmin G1000 Student Simulator or Avidyne Entegra software, you can maximize the usage you get out of your simulator by also integrating GAPanel. Whenever you or a student wants to train using steam gauges, just launch GAPanel instead of the glass simulation.
No matter how you set it up, we think you'll find GAPanel to be the most realistic, most customizable, and most flexible analog gauge simulation available for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator X.
|Maximize Your Simulator's Usage
If you’re already using our Avidyne Entegra or Garmin G1000 Student Simulator software with Prepar3D or Flight Simulator X, you can maximize the usage you get out of your simulator by also integrating GAPanel. Whenever you or a student wants to train using steam gauges, just launch GAPanel instead of the glass simulation.
GAPanel is even more powerful when you combine it with other Flight1 Tech products that integrate with Prepar3D and Flight Simulator X:
- With VISPRO you can easily and inexpensively add an instructor station to your simulator, with professional-quality tools for monitoring, instruction, and analysis.
Get The Most Out of Your Simulator
Add GAPanel to an existing simulator, or build a simulator around it. Either way, we think you'll find GAPanel to be the most realistic, most customizable, and most flexible analog gauge simulation available for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator X.
Order a copy of GAPanel today:
$124.95 (Licensed for personal or commercial use. Not licensed for integration into commercial solutions for resale. Does not include Prepar3D or Flight Simulator X).
Are you a commercial integrator? Call us for pricing.
- Simulator: Microsoft FSX or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3 and V4
- Processor: Quad core or Better
- Video Card: 1 GB (nVidia Recommended)
- Hard Drive Space: 400 MB
- System Memory: 4GB Minimum Recommended (for single computer use)
- Computer Setup: Please note that a two computer configuration with both computers linked via a local network is recommended for optimum performance, compared to a single computer configuration.
We welcome the opportunity to help you learn more about our products. If you have questions before purchasing GAPanel, please contact us via our support ticket system.