ForeFlight Plug-in for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator X (Free Download)
Stay proficient using ForeFlight Mobile … by connecting it to your flight simulation software
If you use ForeFlight in your airplane, and you’re used to it pulling in data from a GPS or ADS-B device in real time as you fly, you’ll undoubtedly miss that same connected experience when using ForeFlight with a flight simulator on the ground.
There’s a solution! Our ForeFlight Plug-in sends GPS, AHRS, and Traffic data from Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D™ or Microsoft® Flight Simulator X to ForeFlight on your iPad or iPhone.
ForeFlight uses that data just as it would use data coming from a real GPS or ADS-B device. You can use ForeFlight with the simulator just like you would in an airplane, including the GPS, ADS-B Traffic, and Attitude Indicator features.
The best part? The plug-in is our free gift to you.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
Once the connection is made, you’ll be able to:
- Practice using ForeFlight while you’re aviating, navigating, and communicating within the simulated world.
- Master using ForeFlight during VFR and IFR flights between any airports anywhere in the world, in any season, in any weather conditions, at any time of day or night.
- Learn to use ForeFlight features you might never have the opportunity to explore during a real flight in a real airplane.
- Build proficiency flying unfamiliar routes and procedures by “pre-flying” them using the flight simulation and ForeFlight.
- Practice using ForeFlight to perform route modifications and other potentially distracting tasks.
- Train using scenarios you could otherwise only complete in a real airplane (or via “chair flying” using your imagination).
What You'll Need
To use the ForeFlight Plug-in you’ll need:
- Prepar3D or Flight Simulator X, running on a computer with the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed, connected (via WiFi or a wired connection) to the same network as the iOS device.
- The ForeFlight Mobile app running on an iPad or an iPhone, connected (via WiFi) to the same network as the computer.
To get started, just:
- 1 - Download the free ForeFlight plug-in
- 2 - Install the plug-in onto your flight simulation computer
- 3 - Make sure the flight simulation computer and your iOS device are connected to the same network (via WiFi or a wired connection)
- 4 - Configure ForeFlight to connect to the plug-in
- 5 - Fly!
The ForeFlight plug-in will work quietly in the background, passing data from the flight simulation to ForeFlight.
The ForeFlight Plug-in is a free gift from Flight1 Aviation Technologies.
We believe that pilots who fly using ForeFlight should simulate flying using ForeFlight too. And we’d like to give you a tool that makes it possible.
Just enter your name and email address below. We’ll send you a link to download the installation file and instructions, and we’ll keep you up-to-date on our future projects.